Thursday, May 14, 2009

Real Groovy Relapse!

I was doing so well. Since moving cities around 13 weeks ago I had only bought 2 CDs for myself: Zao's Where Blood and Fire Bring Rest for $5 from Cash Convertors and U2's No Line on the Horizon for around $23 new from JB Hi Fi. The Zao album was a find I was particularly pleased with as I have owned it on tape for about 9 years and I have been trying to track it down on CD for around 7 and a 1/2 of those.

In the last 2 years before moving I probably averaged one every week or so, so cutting that down to 2 in around 13 weeks was quite a good effort, although was partially due to the lack of a Real Groovy in the city I'm now living.

I was in Auckland for a couple of nights last weekend, in which I managed to get to Real Groovy twice.
The first visit I managed to acquire for myself:

October - U2 (Which I have never listened to much)
War - U2 (which I own on vinyl, but don't have a player for)
The Unforgettable Fire - U2 (like October, I don't know much of this album except for the singles)
Paranoia - The Chase (Auckland Hardcore band)
Throwing Myself - Luti Kriss (the metalcore band that later changed their name to Norma Jean, not the rapper)

The Second visit I managed to Obtain:
Love, Liberty, Disco - Newsboys (who I'm starting to appreciate again since andrew pointed out how tasty their guitar tone often is.)
Where Meagre Die of Self Interest - 90 lb Wuss (late 90s christian chaotic, abrasive punk - at least that's the impression I got from the one song of theirs I had on a compilation)

All of these CDs were only 4 bucks each -so that's $28 - which is no more than some new releases, Which isn't too bad really is it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home