Sunday, September 16, 2007

Blenderhead- figureheads on the forefront of popular culture

This album intrigues me. Do I love it or hate it? Is it Emo or Punk? Are the songs well crafted or chaotic? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Is all of the above true? The guitar tones and vocals could easily draw comparisons to early Juliana Theory, yet somehow it doesn't seem as likable at first. The songs seem abrasive, and at the first listen are too much. But after a second or third listen, you get past that and you notice the interesting guitar work, and nice guitar tones, the meaning in the lyrics. The instrumental in the middle is quite cool, and the songs in the second half seem a little more conventional— which is both nice and a pity at the same time. I think, when it comes down to it, this is album contains some fantastic music, but is put together in an odd way which hides that. Does that make sense? I think I love it, but I could be wrong.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger rampantmike said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

October 11, 2007 at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home